Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikWorld online is next week! REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ce_gutierrez
Contributor III
Contributor III

Direct Discovery

Hi everybody,

I'm new using direct discovery functionality on Qlikview, I already read about the limitations of this functionality but I want to know if someone have solved the same issue that I have. First of all, the information that I have to process is about 2 billions of registers so I want to know the propertly solution to build. So, I have this two questions.

I always use set analysis to calculate YTD, MAT, Rolling 12 or work with As of Period model to calculate KPI's based on periods. How I can do that on Direct Discovery? I have create a table with this metrics,mesures and load as a Direct Discovery Table too?

How can I control the calculations on Qlikview Direct Discovery If I going to have more than 2 billions of registers, because try to load information of billion of registers in QVD for Historical information I think is not the best way to do that.

Best Regards !!!

Carlos

1 Reply
sunny_talwar

1)Direct Discovery: Workarounds for Set Analysis (1/3)

2) Not sure why you want to control the data through direct discovery.If the size of the data is concerned, look at this video where the user is working with 1 trillion rows of data: Trillion Row Qlik-on-Vertica Dashboard - YouTube