DIRECT query

dimension

[G_L Account No_],

[Posted at]

Measure

Amount

From

[AAF$G_L Entry] ;

This is running fine but when i select the [Posted At] date in the list box , My chart shows error:

"Direct Query Failed".

In Text Box: Sum(Amount) I am using but its giving error as "Database Connection failed".

Please help here.

Thanks

Erika Gupta

4 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You might have run into the issue of not giving Direct Discovery instructions on how the back-end table has it's dates stored - the date format. [Posted at] is a date or datetime column type right?

Direct Discovery has special environment variables that should be set correctly:

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/Client/Content/DirectDiscovery/direct-discovery-...

Have a look at the

DirectDateFormat, DirectTimeFormat and DirectTimeStampFormat

2017-01-09 12_54_03-Direct Discovery variables ‒ QlikView.png

They should be set like it is in the ODBC source which might be different from what you have in QlikView

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter

Thanks for reply , But even if i am not using [Posted at] field in dimension, and just selecting the [G_L Account No_], then also it is giving me same error.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Then you should turn on ODBC trace/logging directly on your ODBC-driver by using ODBC Manager for Windows.

Then you can with a few clicks in your dashboard accumulate some debugging information in the log-file for the ODBC-driver. Here you should be able to see the exact errors and SQL that is produced. Maybe you could even zip and upload a limited logfile that you get after a quick run of your dashboard?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Peter,

When we enable the log then our Qlikview Application gets hanged which has only 100 records.

when we disbale logging then reload runs fine but its not showing any data in chart and textbox on selections.

Its giving the same error.

Thanks

Erika