Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disable Properties On Objects

Does anyone know how to disable properties on objects? Not the read-only function one gets in security. What I am aiming to do is not allow the user to change dimensions or expressions within a certain document. They should still have full access to functionality though (selecting / filtering, etc.)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Try this screenshoot

1. Right on sheet ==> Properties ==> Security

R.Click - Properties - Security.png

2. Goto Setting ==> Document Properties ==> Security

Setting - Document Properites - Security.png

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

hi,

how your user will access the document? through browser or local?

- if in local client, you can use with section access method.

- if in browser, disable "allow server objects". From management console, open tab "System", choose QlikView Server (QVS@...), then open tab Documents. In here u can disable "allow server objects"

hope it help

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your answer. About the section access - how would you go about disabling the user from accessing properties on Objects? And also adding new objects/charts? There is no option that I could see in security. The closest I could find was disabling the Save option - thus they can do changes, but not save their work. Ideally, in this case, what I would like to do is a "lock down" on additions and changes to the document, but allow selections / filtering to be done.

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi,

Try this screenshoot

1. Right on sheet ==> Properties ==> Security

R.Click - Properties - Security.png

2. Goto Setting ==> Document Properties ==> Security

Setting - Document Properites - Security.png

Regards,

Sokkorn Cheav

Not applicable
Author

please refer to this document for more details on section access: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-1853