Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Disable Table Viewer

Hi Michael ,

Sorry for diverting from TOPIC , but one of our requirement is disabling "CTRL+T" i.e. Table Viewer .

This is very important , because anyone who has access to the Doc , can view DATA MODEL .

I am basically belongs to consulting firm , so this requirement is utmnost for me .

So can you advice me on the same.

Regards,

Bhushan N

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Bhushan,
Sorry - it is not possible.
I'm wondering how this could be a requirement... Users see the data, this what QV applications are about, and data model only can help to understand the data.

Not applicable
Author

Easy, make the Doc available only by web.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hmm, I certainly can see data model on the web-based document...

Not applicable
Author

Hi Michael ,

Let me explain the need for disabling "Table Viewer" .

We belong to Loyalty Marketing & Consultancy firm which provides "Analytical way-aheads" to our various clients . Its very compitative & Head-Head business which we deals in . All the time , we need to submit our analytical documents for reviews Or for trial period. There are times , where we got new contracts just becoz of our approach to information & way we derived our reports from aggregate tables .

We efficiently used qlikview & created a single document which holds data for not less than 3-4 clients as they belong to same domain . So we created our unique design for Data Model to fit all these requirements . Our analytics / Predictions are sellable , but not our designs which is based on qlikview platform.

Now evenif we publish these reports via WEB , they can view our data model during trial periods / reviews & you know its very risky. Our Management is very concerns about exposure of our DATA MODEL designs and not very happy with it .

So this is current issue what we find bit difficult to handle.

Your advice / solution will be great help for me .

Thanks & Regards,

Bhushan N

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm also working for a consulting firm, and we're never concerned about hiding data model. As a rule, the complexity is not the data model itself, but the ways of buliding it.
I'm not sure, maybe AJAX client doesn't show data model. If this is true, you can allow only AJAX in server settings. If not - I don't see a solution within existing QlikView. You can contact QlikTech to buy from them a modified client which doesn't have this functionality.