Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Disabling edit script button - Registry Settings

I've found in other post that if you put the registry HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings 7\DisableScripting=1 , the qlikview document will disable the "edit script" button. (That's what I want to do).

I'm trying to make "disable edit script" with a function like this :

sub reg
Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
WshShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings 7\DisableScripting","1"
end sub

but I can't make it work!!! (I've tried some variations, but it still don't working, because it still shows "edit script" button as enabled).

If you can help me about what I'm doing wrong, I'll appreciate a lot.

Thank you

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Hi,

You can even do the same, just check the attached snap

Thanks & Regards,

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I am also looking for the same. But in my system i am not able to find the Disable Scripting in HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings 7.

I am using the Qlikview 9.00 SR5.

Not applicable

Hi,

You can even do the same, just check the attached snap

Thanks & Regards,

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Many thanks Upendra11, it was quite useful. I only need where to find the settings tab stuff. Could you help me ??

Cheers!!

Not applicable

Hi,

Just go to help------> About QlikView, right click on QlikView Icon the setting window will appear

Thanks & Regards

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Uppendra, finally I've found it!!! It was quite difficult to find, so I'm not as stupid as I thought.

But if I check "enabling" disableScripting, I can uncheck the same variable to edit scripting as final user.

My purpose is to avoid that other users can see my script or my macros, as a security stuff to my document.

I know I can do it protecting the script and macro with a password, but my idea was to make some kind of macro to disable forever the options of editing script or macros to protect my document.

If you know how to do it, I'll appreciate that!

Many thanks anyway!! You showed me a very good trick.

Not applicable

Hi Marcel,

Even I don't have idea and searching for the same

Thanks & Regards