Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Excluded or List Only Impossible Values?

I may have searched the entire internet looking for this, and I can't believe I'm the first to try this, but I can't find anything about it...

My Fact Table attaches a User ID to every activity record. Those activity records also have an Activity Date on them. This Activity Date links to my Calendar Table. My Calendar Table has a Date Code as well, which links to my Possible Users Table, which includes all of my company's User IDs. Like so:

Fact Table      |      Calendar Table      |      Possible Users Table

Fact ID

User ID

Activity Date   |      Activity Date

|      Date Code             |      Date Code

|      Possible User ID

Possible Users lists every ID active in the company for each day, so as date selections are made, the potential target audience is recalculated for the selected time period. count(distinct User ID) gives me my users, count(distinct Possible User ID) gives me my target demographic.

I'm trying to make a list, tablebox, or straight table chart that displays a static list of only the Possible User IDs that do not exist in User ID. If I leave the dashboard unfiltered, it displays potential users in my company that have never used our service. If I select the last 6 months, for example, it lists users that haven't been active in that time period.

Thing is, I have no idea how to do this. I've been banging my head against if for hours straight and tried many an expression, set analysis, &c. and nothing is working. I can make 2 listboxes, one for User ID and one for Possible User ID, select all User ID, and scroll down to the grey in Possible User ID and they're all right there as expected, but I can't seem to access them any other way.

Naturally, this is much over-simplified. There are many more pieces to the data model, and Because Reasons, changes to the data model are not a viable option. Things are the way they are and need to stay that way. I'm looking for a Presentation Solution, not a Script Solution.

11 Replies
sunny_talwar

Hahahahaha, I guess you are right .

Not applicable
Author

You guys are both awesome! Thanks so much for the help!