Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display Issue for months and quarter

Hi

I have dataset that contains the data of  names, date and values. while displaying in pivot table as shown below

Capture.PNG

Here values are displaying based on the data I have.

I also want to display missing months and quarters and years. Please help me how to fix it.

Thanks

9 Replies
sunny_talwar

Have you tried unchecking 'Suppress when Null' on the Presentation tab?

Not applicable
Author

Yes I try..It fails.

My intention is show all months and quarters and Year even though there is no values on header.

Thanks

sunny_talwar

Is it possible for you to share a sample?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aditya

Try ticking the 'Show All Values' option for each dimension on the Dimensions tab of the pivot chart properties and make sure that 'Suppress When Null' is not ticked.  Then on the Presentation tab untick the  'Suppress Zero Values' and 'Suppress Missing' options. If the 'Suppress Missing' option is greyed out then untick the 'Populate Missing Cells' option to activate it.

Hope that helps.

Kind regards

Steve

ahammadshafi
Creator
Creator

Hi Aditya:

Does the data set have combinations you are trying to show with "blank" or "null" like the following?

Missing field.PNG

Not applicable
Author

In presentation tab uncheck the supressing  Missing values and supressing zero values and dimension also supress the null's

after that check your table it will show all the months and quarter as per the data mapped in  your script.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It really depends on whether the expressions for the 'missing' months are nulls or missing. A null would be when the expression refers to data but the result is a null. A missing value is when there is simply no data in the model for that dimension value. For example, if your expression is summing something in the transaction table, and there is no entry in that table for March 2016, then the value would be missing, not null, even if all possible dates exist in the calendar.

Non-displayed null values can be resolved using the previous postings. Missing values can only be resolved by modifying your data set or modifying your query so that the dimension values are not missing. If you want specific help on how to do this, I suggest that you upload a sample qvw with some representative data.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tresesco
MVP
MVP

I guess, this could have been like:

even if all possible dates exist in the master calendar.

right?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein