Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Display accumulative value as Text in chart

Hi All,

I have created a chart that shows accumulative value of an investment over time. User can enter 3 variables:

vStartDate - start date for the chart

vEndDate - end date for the chart

vAmt1 - value of potential investment

I have created new expression named Initial_Return and used Above function which works perfectly. The expression that calculates potential return on investment looks as follows:

if([Date]=vStartDate, ($(vAmt1))*(1+[Return of Initial Investment]),(above([Initial_Return])*(1+[Return of Initial Investment]))) Now, at the end of the line I wanted to display last value of potential return on investment, so I have created the following expression, which works well as well:

if([Date]=vEndDate,(above([Initial_Return])*(1+[Return of Initial Investment])),' ')

Now, my problem: I want to display this last value as a text in chart with some additional text explanation next to it. And here I face a problem, as Above function works really well in tables, charts but not in text box. And, aditionally, in my expression I refer to column [Initial_return] that is it is not an actual field but an expressive/column in our table.

I am attaching my QV file so it might be more clear of what I am trying to do - basically, I want to display $12 969 as a text in chart...

Thanks for help in advance!

Katie

=

0 Replies