Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinclas
Contributor
Contributor

Display all customers in table with no transactions for a transaction date filter.

Hi,

I am new to QLIK and have a table that will display all accounts (name dimension) and a sum of transactions (sales).  The transactions have a salesAmount field and a transaction date field.   I created a table and added the customer name  and billingCycle dimensions and a measure column for sum(salesAmount).  Straightforward and displays all account names, billingCycles and the total salesAmount of transactions.   Now, I drag the filter component on the page and assign it the transactionDate field .  the goal is display all the accounts and the sum of salesAmount.  BUT, as you guessed, it will only show the customers with transactions for that date range.   I need to include ALL accounts and just display 0 for the salesAmount for accounts with no transactions for the date range.   I am not sure how to include all accounts regardless if they have transactions for the month.   How can I include all records??  Thanks!!     

Labels (2)
2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I take it sum of sales amount is your expression, maybe try this.

=Sum(salesAmount ) + Sum({1} 0)

sinclas
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you! 

I was able to use your idea on the {} set expression on another field called "active" and added that to the report using Count({1}, active).  This included all active accounts regardless if they had transactions.   Solved the issue and enhanced the report since we didn't want to see active accounts anyway.   Appreciate the quick response.

-Steve