Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sinclas
Contributor
Contributor

Display all customers in table with no transactions for a transaction date filter.

Hi,

I am new to QLIK and have a table that will display all accounts (name dimension) and a sum of transactions (sales).  The transactions have a salesAmount field and a transaction date field.   I created a table and added the customer name  and billingCycle dimensions and a measure column for sum(salesAmount).  Straightforward and displays all account names, billingCycles and the total salesAmount of transactions.   Now, I drag the filter component on the page and assign it the transactionDate field .  the goal is display all the accounts and the sum of salesAmount.  BUT, as you guessed, it will only show the customers with transactions for that date range.   I need to include ALL accounts and just display 0 for the salesAmount for accounts with no transactions for the date range.   I am not sure how to include all accounts regardless if they have transactions for the month.   How can I include all records??  Thanks!!     

Labels (2)
2 Replies
BrunPierre
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

I take it sum of sales amount is your expression, maybe try this.

=Sum(salesAmount ) + Sum({1} 0)

sinclas
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you! 

I was able to use your idea on the {} set expression on another field called "active" and added that to the report using Count({1}, active).  This included all active accounts regardless if they had transactions.   Solved the issue and enhanced the report since we didn't want to see active accounts anyway.   Appreciate the quick response.

-Steve