Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Display multiple fields in a list

Difficult to explain this clearly I'm afriad.

We have several fields (up to six) in our data records that may need to be accessed if a single record is selected. These are free-text fields and may be quite long (hundreds of characters) or they may be blank. I'd like to have it appear a bit like an Access form. So if the data looks something like this (although there are a lot more fields I'm not including here)...

DateTimeID...lots more columns...Comment 1Comment 2Comment 3Comment 4Comment 5Comment 6
1/2/1708:34170130aThis is the first comment on this eventThis event has another comment that is longer than the first one, it is however the last comment for this event.
1/2/1710:48170201bNil
2/2/1706:12170202aThis event has several longer commentsThis one is shortBut this one is longer and still should be displayed fully without having to scroll the windowThis event even had more comments that were entered in this fieldThis is the last comment for this event.
2/2/1713:52170202b
2/2/1721:27170202cOnly the one comment here

What we'd like to be able to do is select an ID, or group of (very few) IDs in another table and have displayed something like (in a separate sheet object):

Header 1Header 2
IDComment 1 (if exists)
Comment 2 (if exists) This event has another comment that is longer than the first one, it is however the last comment for this event.
Comment 3 (if exists) This is the first comment on this event
Comment 4 (if exists)
Comment 5 (if exists)
Comment 6 (if exists)
IDComment 1 (if exists)
Comment 2 (if exists)

I'd just like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to accomplish this lower table (or similar) elegantly?

Thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok check this out

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

11 Replies
adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Christine,

Can you not just make up your lower table using a pivot? No ignore me that is dumb

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Possibly, I'll look into it. Just that I'm really rubbish at pivots still.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

I've got this far, just need to work out how to suppress missing values for you

Capture.PNG

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Ok check this out

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Adam. I just need to do some work on it presentationally, but that seems to fit the requirement!

Cheers!

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

No worries at all, you can use shorter fieldnames in the valuelist formula and the expression if you wanted to hide them a bit (e.g. just use 1,2,3,4)

Alternatively if you use a straight table you can just totally hide the calculated dimension but it doesn't look quite as neat

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It would be nice if I could figure out how to make the comment column go multi-line if necessary, but can't have everything I guess.

adamdavi3s
Master
Master

Presentation > wrap cell text 😉

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes, but they all go to the same height, even if they're empty