Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
softsystemit
Partner - Contributor III

Display "Search Object" only if there are any open analysis?

[:(]How to display "Search Object" only if there are any open analysis?
As in Delphi, the option OnShowObject, a conditional, it would be something like = IF (There_is_open_analysis = S);
Or something like that;

Thanks!

4 Replies
Not applicable

Hello,

I dont know about Delphi, but here also if you Right click on the search object, Properties, Layout tab you have a Show Condition, select that and type your expression in there.

Mama

softsystemit
Author

Obrigado pela dica.
Mas como eu disse antes, eu não conheço nada que colocar na condicional, nenhuma expressao, ou funcao que retorne se ha ou nao Analises Abertas;
Eu ja usei funcoes prontas como count(GetFieldSelections([Field])) >=1, como condicional;
Gostaria de saber se há algo como:GetOpenAnalisis, GetOpenedObjectType(10,11), GetActiveObject, GetOpenedObject..

Obrigado

Thanks for the tip.
But as I said before, I do not know anything to put on parole, no expression or function that returns whether or not open analysis;
I've used ready functions like count (GetFieldSelections ([Field]))> = 1 as conditional;
I wonder if there is something like: GetOpenAnalisis, GetOpenedObjectType (10,11), GetActiveObject, GetOpenedObject ..

Thanks

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

If you mean "active" objects (objects you are clicking on them) then there are several ways to do it. You can use macros, and call them every time you activate an object (right click on the sheet background, triggers, OnActivate, External, Run Macro...) You can check the API Guide.qvw file for further reference on available components in the API.

I'd rather use a variable (created in Settings, Variable Overview) and set it to 1 or 0 depending on whether the object has been activated or not, and then check that variable in the conditional of the Search Object.

Hope that helps.

softsystemit
Author

Hmm, ok.

Thank you for your help!

I'll try it and post here the result. Smile