Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion

Display the summary chart based on Container object selection

colorful-hello-text-smiley-emoticon.gif

I have a container which contains 5 charts and I am showing a summary (Some calculation for quick overview) for each objects in container.  Now, I want to display the summary chart based on the container object selection. Say for example, I have two charts named as GB and Germany in container also summary chart below the container. I want to display GB summary chart when the user selects GB table in container. Similarly for other chart too. I have attached a sample herewith.

Can any one guide me how to achieve this.

PS: I don't want to use Macros.

scriptina.jpg

6 Replies
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

It makes no difference to QV whether your selection is from an object in a container or outside the container. So the question is how to display the GB chart when the user selects GB (from inside the container or not. Use this a conditional show criterion for the GB chart:

=WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Country), '*GB*)

And for the Germany chart:

=WildMatch(GetFieldSelections(Country), '*Germany*)

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Jonathan,

I don't want to display the GB summary chart, when the user selects German table in container and vice versa for GB table. See below. Capture.PNG

I guess object Id (Maybe any function), should do the trick.

Hope you get my need.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

There is no way that I know of to trigger an action based on the tab selection in a container. There is no event exposed to trigger on.

You could create a nested container to handle this. The inner containers for GB and Germany would by multiview and would contain the detail and the summary tables. The outer container would be single view containing the two inner containers labelled GB and Germany.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The alternative is to scrap the container and use conditional display to display GB or Germany using a variable set by buttons (or by toggling between them with a single button.

I think your data model may be getting in your way. I would have loaded GB and Germany in a single table with a Country field added. Then you could simply select the country from a list box or within the tables and you would not need separate objects for GB and Germany.

ankitbisht01
Creator
Creator

I also don't find any way to do this with container.

tamilarasu
Champion
Champion
Author

Thank you Jonathan and Ankit.