Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
villegasi03
Creator
Creator

Displaying Employee Schedules in Chart Format

QV Community,

I was wondering if anyone may have any suggestions on the best way to display employee schedules in a chart format. I played around with a few looks but I am almost certain that there maybe better ways. My data consists of a table containing the employee name, event name, start time and end time. I then created and inline table with all of the minutes of operation and a description. I then used IntervalMatch and a left join to my schedule.

My first attemp is marginal at best. I created a pivot table with the employee name and the interval grouping as my dimensions. My interval name is show as columns and employee names down the left side of the table. In my expression I used a count distinct on the employee id and based on the activity name I dynamiclly changed the background color.

I have include an excel file that shows what I have so far. Please excuse the colors but I plan on changing them next.

Any suggestions or reference material would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

10 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Would it be possible to have a chart, with Timeline on X-axis, and Number_Of_Employee_Working on Y-axis. Number_Of_Employee_Working is the sum of employee who's working on that period of time.