Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III

Displaying Text in Text Box in Specific Order

Hello everyone,

I'm working on report style app (mostly text based) that will take in a bunch of text and display it for users to read. The issue I'm struggling with is actually getting specific text displayed in particular order. I've attached sample of spreadsheet that reporter will use to copy his statements about specific commodities in different sectors.

I've also attached a QVW that has the text boxes displaying text from Message field as I would like them to, but I cannot think of an expression that would actually list the messages in correct order, one-by-one.

There will always be one Date selected and one Commodity selected, so the task is to display bulleted list of statements for segment 1 and 2 of selected commodity.

Does anyone know of an expression that would do that? Many thanks for any feedback or suggestions.

Mikhail Bespartochnyy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Something like

=Concat({<Commodity = {Wheat}, Segment= {'Segment 1'}>}DISTINCT Message,chr(10),[Point #])

or with selected commodity

=Concat({< Segment= {'Segment 1'}>}DISTINCT Message,chr(10),[Point #])

View solution in original post

4 Replies
swuehl
MVP
MVP

Something like

=Concat({<Commodity = {Wheat}, Segment= {'Segment 1'}>}DISTINCT Message,chr(10),[Point #])

or with selected commodity

=Concat({< Segment= {'Segment 1'}>}DISTINCT Message,chr(10),[Point #])

sunny_talwar

May be Concat()

=Concat(DISTINCT {<Commodity = {Oil}, Segment = {'Segment 1'}>} Message, Chr(10), [Point #])

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks, Stefan! This is exactly what I was looking for.

Mikhail B.

mbespartochnyy
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sunny, thanks for the answer too!