Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying individual records that make up a sum in a pivot table

dff.png

This is a pivot table with Id as dimension, count, and two sum columns... How do I "expand" the 84 records that makes up the sum?  I want to see exactly what the 84 records that sum up to 11mil.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have knocked up the attached sample qvw.  It is a bit rough & ready, but should give you inspiration for what you are after - if it is of use & you have any questions regarding it then please ask.

Calculated dimensions can become very inefficient for large data volumes and ideally you should push things back to the load script and make sure you have a goo data model.  But no need to worry about that if you only have a small data volume.

Best Regards,     Bill

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

I have knocked up the attached sample qvw.  It is a bit rough & ready, but should give you inspiration for what you are after - if it is of use & you have any questions regarding it then please ask.

Calculated dimensions can become very inefficient for large data volumes and ideally you should push things back to the load script and make sure you have a goo data model.  But no need to worry about that if you only have a small data volume.

Best Regards,     Bill

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks.  Is there a way to sort on the =aggr() calculated dimension?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Yup

In Chart Properties | Sort

First deslect all sort on all dimensions.

For the dimension you want in sort order, add the aggr... expression as the expression for Sort by | expression.

Best Regards,     Bill