Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Displaying of Zero values

Hi Community,

I was asked to show zero values as null ( - ) . then i should write each expression as

if(sum(Amount)=0,null(),sum(Amount))

But the problem is i am having almost 15 expressions, so i guess it is not a good option. Is there a way to show zero as null?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just had thought, you could use this for as an Integer Number Format to display zero as -

#,##0;-#,##0;-

Or this to display it as blank, the easily missed semi colon at the ended is needed

#,##0;-#,##0;

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Besides that showing 0 as null is misleading, I don't see problems with your approach.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I have done on occasion is use a Text Color expression on the expression itself to set the text color to the same color as the background so it becomes invisible when zero. :

if(sum(Amount)=0,White())

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Just had thought, you could use this for as an Integer Number Format to display zero as -

#,##0;-#,##0;-

Or this to display it as blank, the easily missed semi colon at the ended is needed

#,##0;-#,##0;

Not applicable
Author

As it is a detail report, there are so many Dollar amounts and most of the values are 0's. So to get the values be iconic they asked to suppress zero dollar amount($0.00).

Not applicable
Author

It's a good idea. Thank you...

Not applicable
Author

This can't be applied in my situation as i have summation of multiple age band values...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It does make sense, but you still can use a presentation which is not misleading.  I'd better go with the "color" suggestion from bill.markham‌ above with one minor difference - use light color for the zero-values, e.g.

if(sum(Amount)=0,rgb(200,200,200))

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I will use it. I will suggest this one too. Thank you for guiding me in right path..