cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Document Analyzer V2 -- a major update

I've posted a major update "V2" to the Document Analyzer tool. It is available for download in the Tools section of QlikviewCookbook.com here Document Analyzer.

The primary function of Document Analyzer remains to identify unused fields that can be removed from your model. It has been expanded to assist in identifying slow charts.

There are a number of improvements over the 1.15 version, including bug fixes, a new UI, object calc times and improved analysis of variable and expression usage.

An important change is that only qvws that have been saved in QV10SR2 or later may be analyzed with this version. If you need to analyze an older document, save it first in QV10.

if a prj directory exists, it will be leveraged for the analysis. This can speed up the analysis run for documents with a lot of objects.

Use this thread if you have comments or questions. Enjoy.

-Rob

81 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I downloaded the document, I selected the qvw sheet to analyze it, but when I click on the "Open the QVW" button an error occours: "ActiveX component can't create the object: 'Scripting.FileSystemObject'"

Where am i wrong?

(I use the QV10 SR6 license).

Thks.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

It sounds like you have not granted "Allow all macros" in the security dialog.

1. Open the module editor (Ctrl-m)

2. Set "Current Local Security" to "Allow System Access".

Further, it sounds like you may be using an older version or misunderstanding the usage? The "open qvw" button u should not throw the type of error you are describing.

1. Are you using Doc Analyzer V2.1? (Look at the change log sheet for version).

2. What happens when you press the "Extract Metadata" button? Does the extraction complete or throw an error?

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Right, it was only a security access problem, as u suppose.

I'm using the right versione (2.1) and it works properly.

Thank you very much for the support and for the sheet 🙂

N.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

• I've posted an update V2.2 to Document Analyzer. This version  adds:

- Added Labels from Chart Expressions.

- Added Object Actions.

- Now extracting Chart Dimension conditional expressions. The [Expression Location] is "ChartDimensionDataDef.EnableCondition".

- Now extracting Chart Expression conditional expressions. The [Expression Location] is "Data.EnableCondition".

You can download it here:

Search Recipes | Qlikview Cookbook

-Rob

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you very much and compliments for your job 🙂

N.

cedriclupo
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hello Rob and thank you for your app, it was useful

However, since few weeks I have a problem, I try to extract and it opens the macro window, when i close it, the document I was analyzing is opened.

The settings for macro is "allow system access" and always allowed.

It used to work until we upgraded to sr9, i'm not sure it's related.

Thanks a lot.

Cedric

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Cedric,

It sounds like something is failing in the module. Here is how you can identify for me exactly where it's failing.

1. Open the Module (Ctl-M)

2. Click "ProcessDocument" in the left-hand pane.

3. Click the Test button. The macro will run but stop on error and post an error message on top. Let me know what the error is and what line it stopped on.

-Rob

Not applicable

Hey Rob, I tested it and it errors out on line 497 "log "writing ObjectInfo for " & obj.GetObjectId"

The error says Object required: 'obj'

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

First of All thank you Rob you have designed an awesome thing which is a best tool for any Qlikview developer.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Hi Daron,

I'll need to know what kind of object it was processing when it failed. Can you look at the Document Analyzer log

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Temp\DocumentAnalyzer.log

and post the last 15 lines or so here?

-Rob