Skip to main content
Announcements
YOUR OPINION MATTERS! Please take the Qlik Experience survey you received via email. Survey ends June 14.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zagzebski
Creator
Creator

Document Cals - allocation issue

We only have one file in which all users use. Over time we have moved different users to development files. I am trying to change the number of "Number of Cals allocated this document" to the full allotment of 85 but I keep getting the message "Too many document cals allocated". Why can't I allocated the other 5??

Summary

Document CALs available on server: 85

Document CALs not allocated on server: 0

Document CALs allocated to this document: 80

Document CALs embedded in document: 0

Document CALs assigned to users: 38

Thanks,

Zag

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have either:

• assigned the other 5 Doc CALs to another document, or
  • lost the remaining 5 by deleting a document without first deallocating any Doc CALs

Check for other Doc CAL assignments. If you cannot find any, use a lost-CAL-discovery-tool like the Qlikview Server CAL Manager to recover the missing CALs.

BTW in QMC, deleted documents with Doc CALs (or tasks) still attached will appear as all-capitals ghost documents. Do you see any of them in the User Documents tree?

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You have either:

• assigned the other 5 Doc CALs to another document, or
  • lost the remaining 5 by deleting a document without first deallocating any Doc CALs

Check for other Doc CAL assignments. If you cannot find any, use a lost-CAL-discovery-tool like the Qlikview Server CAL Manager to recover the missing CALs.

BTW in QMC, deleted documents with Doc CALs (or tasks) still attached will appear as all-capitals ghost documents. Do you see any of them in the User Documents tree?

zagzebski
Creator
Creator
Author

Perfect thanks!  I had deleted documents with users assinged.