Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AC3
Contributor III
Contributor III

Document Chaining Transfer State

Running QV 12.10 SR4. AJAX client.

I have AppA which has a button to "Open QlikView Document" Transfer State on with no other options on.  I make a selection on common_field in AppA and AppB opens up with common_field filtered with the selection. This works great when I'm developing on the QV App.

But when it's published to Access Point, AppB does not open with the common_field selection.  Does this have anything to do with the fixes QV-10092 or  QV-9687? 

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @AC3,

The Release Notes to 12.10 SR4 states With the fix for bug QV-9687 it is now required to have a full path for document chaining, only exception is if the documents are in the same folder. So perhaps you need to provide the full path?

Note that support for the QV 12.10 version ended in November 2019, so if you need direct assistance from Qlik Support, you'll need to upgrade to version 12.50 or 12.60.

Best Regards

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
AC3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for the reply. Both documents are in the same folder.  AppB opens, it just won't open with the selected fields from AppA.  Has this been an issue?  

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

This isn't an issue with the current supported versions of QV and I can't recall from 2-3 years ago regarding issues for document chaining/transfer state in 12.10 SR4.  Perhaps others may know.

If you attempt to click document chaining button with the browser tools open (F12), do you see any errors in the Network or Console tabs?

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
AC3
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

We're actually running 12.40 SR4. 

In the Console I'm seeing "Browser Detection - Get: Key [msedge] not found  QvAjax.js:1145