Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator

Document Chaining

Hi Experts,

I need one help in document chaining, I have two dashboards both are replica of each other, the only difference b/w them is one will show regional + world wide data and other will show regional data(No World Wide), to achieve that I just deleted the WW button from regional dashboard.

Trying to show you all the visualization

Dashboard 1

(AMS Button) (APJ Button) (EMEA Button) (WW Button)(Go to Regional Dashboard)

Dashboard 2

(AMS Button) (APJ Button) (EMEA Button)(Go to WW Dashboard)

Now user wants to navigate from one dashboard to other so when the user selects AMS(in WW Dashboard) and selects (Go to Regional Dashboard) it should select AMS region (Regional Dashboard) this part is working well

Tricky Part: Now when the user in (WW Dashboard) selects WW button and clicks (Go to Regional Dashboard) and it should go to AMS(Default section) in regional dashboard since there is no WW button in regional.

Trying to explain you all with one Example:

AMS has revenue  5 EMEA has 3 APJ has 2 so WW Rev has 5+3+2(10) (WW Dashboard) when you select WW (Rev 10) and goes to other dashboard it shows Rev 10 (WW data) which is incorrect since WW button is not there.

so It is causing confusion to users why the REV is 10 in Regional Dashboard.

Please Help.

6 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Can you provide sample app ?

mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator
Author

@Hey Manish,

I can not share my document u know privacy and all.

But tried to create something like that in the sample report, it might not solve the purpose but it may give you some idea.

Scene-1-When u click the AMS button in Sample Report it will go to Sample-Copy doc and AMS button will be selected (As both are replica I just deleted  the WW button from Sample-Copy)..(Not an issue working accordingly)

Scene-2  if you click on WW button in Sample report it will go to Sample-Copy(though WW button is not there it will show the WW data as the everything is same(Script code behind button),if WW button would have been there it would have been shown that as selected.

I want AMS to be selected if user navigates from WW button in sample report it should select the AMS button.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

This app has section access.

Kindly remove that and reload application and re send.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator
Author

sorry sorry...attaching the new one

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

One thing I wanted to ask you is why dont you use the section access to give a restricted access to users, instead of making a copy and using the document chaining.

Please explain a business scenario as this will help to understand requirement easily.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
mishraamit2485
Creator
Creator
Author

I do have section access regional users will be seeing only one button(AMS or EMEA etc) in that case it is fine and working well..but for WW users they have access to WW button as well as AMS APJ EMEA buttons...

Business Scenario:

I'm a world wide user i do have access to all (AMS EMEA APJ WW) when i click on the WW button on sample report it will show me the total emp of WW(now i click go to regional dashboard) it will go to regional dashboard with current selection which is WW it will show me the data for WW(total WW Emp) now and no button will be selected as WW button is not there (But data wise it will show) in Sample-Copy report i want user to land up on AMS button.

Code behind WW button(Action: Select in field    Field:Region    Search String: ("AMS"|"APJ"|"EMEA")