Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Document Linking Issue

Hi ,

I have a simple requirement in which if i click on a chart support a bar chart with single dimension and expression i should be able to open another application in access point and pass the selections and states . With buttons its achievable also tried setting triggers on Field for OnSelect event but its not working .

Any one who can help me out on this ?

Regards ,

s_tushar

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Tushar,

I think you are looking for a document chaining solution, maybe have a read of this

http://community.qlik.com/thread/53743

hope that helps

Joe

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See this discussion and tutorial video: Passing Parameters in a URL and Document Chaining

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I am able to link the application usign Button objects but if suppose i take a Bar Chart with Country dimension when i click on any country it should take me to another application along with the selection i first tried to put a Trigger on Country Field OnSelect event  and set the Open Qlikview Document but some how the event is not working .

Not applicable
Author

Document chaining allows you to transfer state, in this case your country selection, so that can be passed on to the newly opened qvw
you shouldn't need any triggers etc

Not applicable
Author

My client wants a feature in which when he clicks on the Bar graph on any of the countries he should be navigated to another documents along with the selections . Please advice ?

Not applicable
Author

It seems the Field level trigger on 'OnSelect' and 'OnChange' action is not working for Open Qlikview URL just wanted to know if its a bug of disabled by default ?