Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Doing Expression Calculation in the Script and using aggregation table(using resident)

Hi All

How to do the below calculation in the script level which I am doing it in the expression? I am trying to do this as the performance is poor when I am doing it in the front end.

SUM(IF(StartDate<=date AND EndDate>=date,1))

For your information, Fields ImplStart and ImplEnd are loaded from table 'Data' and 'date' is getting loaded from another table called 'Calendar'

I thought of creating the aggregation table but the problem is data is getting loaded from two tables. So I dont know how to use the 'Resident' to load data from two tables.

3 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Hi,

Two options are there:

1. you have to JOIN the two tables and then you can use the same expression, OR

2. you can use APPLYMAP function without joining them

Regards, tresesco

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tresesco

Thanks for your suggestion dear!

But the problem here is I cannot use Join/ApplyMap as there is no key field through which I can Join/ApplyMap between the two tables. I will be thankful to you if you can do the required change in the application which is there in the below post.

I don't know how I am going to join both the tables in to one without any key fields between them.

Please do reply!

Not applicable
Author

I think if you post a sample of your qvw it would be much easier to figure this out b/c as is I'm pretty confused.