Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Draw Reference Line

Hi guys,

I have a linear chart, with months on the x-aixs and costs on the y-axis, like this:

first.PNG

Now I would draw a vertical line inside a linear graph, and this line should indicate the current month, like this:

first.PNG

I draw the red line with paint.

I can't use Reference Lines option, because on x-axis I don't have number, but string.

Someone can help me to find a solution?

Thanks

6 Replies
isorinrusu
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Andrea,

You won't be able to use vertical reference lines unless you use a continuous x-axis (found in axis, between the "axis colours" at the left).

Since you're using months, I think you could convert it to Date and then you'd be able to check the continous axis, thus enabling this option.

Regards,

Sorin.

avinashelite

i.sanz11‌ is correct , you need to have continuous x-axis  to get the verticall reference line ...try to have dual format for your Month dim and try that could help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did what you said.

Now the x-axis values looks like this:

first.PNG

How can I show only the first day of the month, like this:

first.PNG

In this second image I disabled the continuous option, but in this case Reference Lines option doesn't work

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

could you use a combo chart and add Expression like if(Months=vPreviousMonth, 150.00) and use bar?

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

An error bar can almost do it , except a little bit garbages at the end of the line

1.png

plz find attachment ,  for your infomation

woshua5550
Creator III
Creator III

continuous x-axis + reference line + text on axis will make perfect1.png

PFA