Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Draw a time series/time line chart

Hi

I am new to Qlikview. I wanted to achieve the kind of plot shown in attachment. This is how i tried doing it.

1. I have the data in excel. Three columns: Date, Start Time, End Time (ex: 06/06/2013     12:15:00     12:30:00)

2. I used line chart, horizontal representation, i.e. Dimension on X-axis is: Date. The expressions are Time([Start Time],'hh:mm:ss')) and Time([End Time],'hh:mm:ss'). The result is shown in attachment "How far i succeeded.jpg". I could put two points where the Start TIme and End Time was, but dont know how to join them.

Here is what i am missing.

1. Join Start Time and End Time using a line. All the events (each event is shown by a bar from Start Time to End Time) in a day will be shown using multiple bars.

2. The horizontal axis is the time axis representing 24 hrs, scale preferably 1 hour.

Thanks in advance.

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Marco, this has worked perfectly for my requirement to display a range between two times on a selected date and for a fixed single dimension. Thanks for your time in posting

Not applicable
Author

Dear Marco,

I came through this post while searching for a solution similar to this.Is it possible to exclude dates which have both start time and end time equal to zero ?? If so how can we achieve it?Thank you for your time

Regards

Rishi

MarcoWedel

maybe with a condition like

If(not([start time]=0 and [end time]=0), expression)

regards

Marco

Not applicable
Author

Dear Marco,

Thank you for quick response.The solution worked well.

Regards

Rishi

peterderrington
Creator II
Creator II

Hi Marco,

I'm trying to follow your steps but my chart just shows 'No data to display'

I'm obviously doing something wrong, could you help at all?

Thanks,

Peter