Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Drill-down dimension not working below conditional dimension

Hi,

I have a pivot table with 6 dimensions. The 5th dimension is conditionally enabled and is either displayed or hidden based on a button. The 6th dimension is a drill down dimension and since I've added the button for the 5th dimension, the drill down dimension doesn't work properly - I can drill down but I can't drill back up again if the 5th dimension is hidden at the time. If the 5th dimension is displayed, the 6th dimension drill down/up works ok but most of the time I'd want the 5th dimension hidden!

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

Elaine

3 Replies
kaushalview
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi,

Can you share ur application?

Regards

Kaushal Mehta

Not applicable
Author

Dear Kaushal,

Thanks for your email. Sadly I’m not able to share the application because of the confidential data in it. I’ll try and write a cut-down version that has no confidential data in it.

Best wishes,

Elaine

Not applicable
Author

I've now attached an example.

If Student Years are hidden and you click on 'International' for example, it drills down to the Country level but it isn't possible to get back up to the Home/International level. If Student Years are displayed, you can drill down to Country level and back up again. I'd like to be able to drill down and up even if Student Years are hidden.

Thanks

Elaine