Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III

Dual(SubField(Class()))

Dear all

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all of you.

I need help urgently on how to equal interval in Sales $'M with decimal point using Dual(SubField(Class())) function.

The answer I would like to see is as follows :

YearSales $'MNo. of CompanyMinAvgMax
20120 - 0.91$167,823$167,823$167,823
20121.0 - 9.94$1,186,050$2,901,818$3,706,467

Thank you so much, Tracy

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Why you are choosing Subfield(), Subfield never recommend in tabular until unless you have strong needs.  Cant you add like

=If([Sales $'M]>=0 and [Sales $'M]<=0.9, '0-0.9', If([Sales $'M]>0.9 and [Sales $'M]>9.9, '1.0-9.9'))

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Dear Mr Anil_Babu_Samineni

Thank you for your help.

Please advise what if I would like QV to auto generate the grouping with equal interval as follows :

0 - 0.9

1 - 1.9

2 - 2.9

3 - 3.9

Thank you, Tracy

Anil_Babu_Samineni

This will work normally

Class([Sales $'M], 0.9)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you advise where to insert Class([Sales $'M],0.9) in the script or dimension?. Also, can you help to insert it in the attached Test-1.qvw?.

Thank you, Tracy

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you have data with respect to point decimals? If so data will come, As i can see If i add the same as dimension the data is coming weird. Don't know what you are referring here for these

0 - 0.9

1 - 1.9

2 - 2.9

3 - 3.9

tracycrown
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Can you advise how to group Sales $'M automatically in the above format 0-0.9, 1-1.9 etc ?. Please note that It is perfectly OKay if some grouping (2-2.9) does not have data for Year 2012. :

0-0.9       1 - Company B

1-1.9       1 - Company A

2-2.9      0 - None

3-3.9       3 - Company C, D & E

Thank You, Tracy