Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic Cumulative Count

Hi All,

Say I have a list of a website visitors by day. I'd like the users to be able to select the day range and the result to be able to count unique cumulative visitors by day. Please find the examples attached. The final result should look like, but able to be dynamically updated

Day1   3

Day2   5

Day3   7

Day4   7

Day5   7

how can i do that?

Thanks!

Carol

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I am using a personal license at the moment so can't open your attachment. I would suggest using the following expression. Let me know if you come right with this

rangesum(above(count(DISTINCT fieldname),0,rowno())) - This will only be distinct for the day in which the value is being checked. The previous cumulative would be added to this

Not sure how to work around the rolling cumulative distinct count. If this is actually, what you want, then will have to come back to your topic mate

cheers,

byron

Not applicable
Author

Carol could you be more specific about what you are trying to accomplish?  Based on your post it seems as though you want the cumulative total to represent the selected days in the date field.  If that is true,it appears to be working as is...the cumulative total adds the selected days above it to come up with the cumulative total for the final day.

Not applicable
Author

This might help.

Cumulative Count

Having numeric values for your days would also help a lot. You can use the DUAL function if you need to retain your existing Date values.

Cheers!