Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Update Settings

When using the Dynamic Update, is it required that the user be a member of the "QlikView Administrators" security group?

Please support with documentation and/or documented evidence.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I opened a support case with Qlik regarding whether a user must be a member of the QlikView Administrators group in order for the Dynamic Update to function.

Their response confirmed that this is a mandatory requirement.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes according to the manual

Allow Dynamic Data Update

To enable macros or external processes to update parts of the data in semi-real time, tick this check box.

This feature allows dynamic updates of the data in the currently loaded document. It is intended for QlikView Administrators to feed limited amounts of data to a QlikView document from a single source without running a reload of the document.

Note! The uploaded information is only stored in RAM, so any data added or updated using the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature is lost, if a reload of the document is performed.

Note! It is recommended to disable the Allow Dynamic Data Update feature, since it can be time-consuming.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've read this...while it states being "intended for QV Admins to..." it doesn't state that this correlates to placing the user in the QlikView Administrators security group.

My curiosity stems  from the fact that I've deployed apps using Dynamic Update which did not include the users as a member of the qv admin group and it worked as intended; however, it is suggested that this is a requirement for it to function....??

Any thoughts?

Not applicable
Author

That is true, it isn't explicitly stated. I've not used it before I'll be honest, but if you have had it working without, then I guess that answers the question.

I can't find much further documentation on it or anything that explicitly states the fact you need to be a member

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I opened a support case with Qlik regarding whether a user must be a member of the QlikView Administrators group in order for the Dynamic Update to function.

Their response confirmed that this is a mandatory requirement.