Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amigo007
Contributor III
Contributor III

Dynamic calculation depending on filters

Hi,

I have one question about displaying dynamic calculation in the expression based on the values chosen from filters. For example:

Let's say I have one simple table which has simple multiplication calculation, e.g.

IDQuantityTotal

Suppose I have list box with the following selections:

a

b

c

When:

- I select 'a' the quantity in the rows should be mutiplied by 2 (as shown in the table above)

- I select 'b' the quantity in the rows should be mutiplied by 2,5. So the 'Total' for the 3 rows in the table above will be 500, 1000 and 1500 respectively.

- I select 'c' the quantity in the should be mutiplied by 6. The 'Total' for the 3 rows in the table above will be 1200, 2400 and 3600 respectively.

Is there a simple way to do that? Is there away to assign static numbers to values in the filters and use them dynamically in the expressions?

Thanks.

4 Replies
sangeess21
Creator
Creator

I'm not sure if I understood your question. Please check the attached example to see if it helps.

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi-  I think one of the easiest ways to do this is to create a variable.  The variable would be an expression, like below....

vMultiplier=     IF(GetFieldSelections(List_Box Field)=a, 2,

IF(GetFieldSelections(List_Box Field)=b, 2.5,

IF(GetFieldSelections(List_Box Field)=c, 6,0)))

Then, I would write an expression for my total column like this...

=(FieldVlaue * vMultiplier)

This should allow you to have your dynamic multiplier based on a List Box selection, without having a large number of Conditional expressions to manage. 

Hope this helps,

Nate

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

May be as below:

Dynamic_Calculation_Multiplier.jpg

amigo007
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks guys for your great help, exactly what I needed.