Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic dimension with set analysis

Hi All,

I'm trying to put together a dynamic dimension with included set analysis.

I have a transaction style table that I need to bucket customers up for analysis over given time periods.

As a basic start I want to first count people who did Action_1 and not Action_2 ever.

So I try the following:

=IF(

AGGR(COUNT({<act_name={'Action_1'}>} act_name), unique_ref) > 0

AND

AGGR(COUNT({<act_name={'Action_2'}>} act_name), unique_ref) = 0, 'Action1 & Action2', 'Other')

This doesn't work.  I can understand why, because by using set analysis in the second aggregation I believe it is impossible to have a count of 0 as I have implicitly filtered for rows that actually ARE action 2. 

So I'm stumped as to my next move.  I'm trying to avoid creating a table or flags, I want it to be fully dynamic.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

GPC'

4 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

GPC - Please can you post some sample data? It will help us to work with some data instead of trying just with the expression.

Thanks - DV

Not applicable
Author

Hi DV,

So the data is transactional in that each row is an action:

ID, Action, Amount

1, Action_1, 40.00

1, Action_2, 60.00

1, Action_1, 12.00

2, Action_1, 5.00

2, Action_1, 3.00

So you can see that to test in set whether there is Action 1 and Action 2 will not work (i think) because they're on separate rows.

thanks

GPC

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Thanks GPC.

Please can you tell me what is the output you are looking? Please can you explain what you want to see a Dimension and Expression? Sorry, I haven't fully understood.

Thanks - DV

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

=IF(

AGGR(COUNT({<Action={'Action_1'}>} Action), ID) > 0

AND

isnull(AGGR(COUNT({<Action={'Action_2'}>} Action), ID)) = -1 , 'Action1 & Action2', 'Other')