Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Dynamic update using macro results in 'macro parse failed' error

Hi,

I have come across a problem I cannot solve myself nor I can find any similar issues described on this forum earlier on. Thefore I kindly ask for any help.

I wrote a macro to update one table with comment provided by user in the inputfield and save it to external file at the same time after a button is pressed. I need a macro because the data to be updated is different depending on user selection. The system run QV 11 (11.00.11282.0) server while user run IE 9 with QV plugin. The saving to external file works fine on user machine but everytime I add the following part of the macro the following error shows up: "Macro parse failed. Functionality was lost. Error:". Unfortunately there is no error description whatsoever.

strTextUpdate = "INSERT INTO * (HDataKont, [Kod klienta], HOpis, HStatus) VALUES ($(vDzis), $(vKlient), $(vComment), $(vStatus))"

msgbox(strTextUpdate)

set Result = ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand(strTextUpdate)

if Result = false then MsgBox Result.ErrorMessage

The same macro works perferct on my local machine running IE11 with QV plugin and also on QV client. Of course I have allowed user to run macro (ctrl+shift+M) and even replaced user's qv settings.ini file with mine but nothing changed. I have added the msgbox to check the string and it's ok. Obviously the ActiveDocument.DynamicUpdateCommand is the source of the problem.

Can anyone have any idea how to solve it? Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

It was easy when you know it

User has to be in QlikView Administrator group in Windows in order to use Dynamic Update.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

Try it without set Result in a direct statement and have a look here: Error in a macro

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip but unfortunately the result is still the same. I suspect there is some kind of problem with user access rights but I cannot figure out what's wrong. I gave the user Admin rights in Section Access of the qv application but it didn't help either. Obviously the DynamicUpdate command triggers macro parse failed error so there is no need to generate macro log file.

Any other ideas much appreciated.

Not applicable
Author

It was easy when you know it

User has to be in QlikView Administrator group in Windows in order to use Dynamic Update.