Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Edit Border in table

Hello Fellow users,

I have attached a report that contains tables. I would like to edit the border lines like you can do in Excel for the biggest table. Is this possible in QV and how.

Regards,

Aissam

7 Replies
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My answer to you will be similar to the one for Gordon's question... You can do some border formatting using "Custom Format Cell" (whith Design Grid turned on).

Alternatively, you can set your borders using Macros. See Shared QlikView called "Colors" for an example. You can even use it as a tool to modify your own document with the desired format.

Disclaimer: it was developed a while ago, and might not work exactly as expected in the latest versions. Keep good backups of your documents if you want to apply formatting to your doc.

enjoy!

Oleg

Not applicable
Author

Hello Oleg,

Thanks for your reply. Could you be more specific where I can find the option "Whith Design Grid".

Regards,

Aissam

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Design Grid is under the View menu.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

One more option, you can also use Ctrl + G.

- Sridhar

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

In the design menu I am unable to create a border for the first left column and first row. It is still blank. And when I want to bold the total row the system goes in to cardiac arrest :-). Help!!!

Regards,

Aissam

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Aissam,

You can try this.

Goto propeties --> style --> current style

here you can select the option and the border will change accordingly

Not applicable
Author

Hi Aissam,

You can do this by:

Select View->Design Grid. Now when you right click the chart you will get Custom Format Cell. This will provide you more options to edit borders

Hope this helps your problem.

Regards,

Snehal Nabar.