Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Editor - transition between tabs

Hi,

I'm just trying to make the transition between the code on different script_tabs more apparent.

There is a line highlighting the beginning of each script_tab - but that can very easily be overlooked and I often find myself wondering, where in the script is the code being executed just now ...

I can include TRACE statements which will also appear in the log.

I would like to also change the font used in the Debugger to something bigger and fatter. What would be the point I'd have to change to achieve that? (=> What is that line? Is it a string_literal or what is it?)

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

the first part is typed trace-statement and the second one is the interpreted trace-statement. Most often both is the same but it must not. I think there is rather no possibility to change or customize this behaviour.

Maybe you could as alternatively use such a variable without a trace-statement.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

I think there is only trace to make the log more overseeable like:

trace +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++;

trace new tab;

trace +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++;

maybe stored in a variable (with parameter?) to keep the script clean.

Within the editor-window or the user-properties you could change various editor-settings like font-type, font-size, font-bold and this different to various statement-types. I'm not sure if this touched the debugger but if not I assume there wouldn't be further possibilties to change this.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Hi Marcus,

thanks! That works already. I have put that into a variable and I will put that into one of my qvd_files.

Just one thing: It looks somewhat funny in the log as the TRACE statement is always repeated - and then executed. That makes 3 lines into 6, it now reads

>> TRACE -----

-----

TRACE Start of new tab

Start of new tab

TRACE ------------

---------------

<<

That is good, just a bit over the top. Is there a way to reduce that so that the TRACE statements are executed (by showing the text or whatever), but not repeated beforehand?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

marcus_sommer

Hi DataNibbler,

the first part is typed trace-statement and the second one is the interpreted trace-statement. Most often both is the same but it must not. I think there is rather no possibility to change or customize this behaviour.

Maybe you could as alternatively use such a variable without a trace-statement.

- Marcus

datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks Marcus!

Well, I have the TRACE_statement within a variable, so I don't have to type 3 lines every time, but just the name of the variable (in $() ). Since that should, for logical reasons, appear in the debugger IN FRONT OF the automatic tab_name, it must now be entered at the very end of one tab although the variable reads "... start ..."

Best regards,

DataNibbler