Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Embedded CRM link?

Hello

First time poster!

I currently pull some data from Microsoft CRM and I was wondering if it was possible to display a field that acts as a hyperlink to the CRM record?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Stu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kim_rormark
Partner - Contributor III

I just want to clarify this one, for others having the same problem. Instead of the '{' and '}' in the link (that represents the entity) use HTML-formatting. With this I mean %7b for { and %7d for }. This problem can also occur with other types of links, not only for the MSCRM.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Stu,
Yes, it is possible.
The URL includes:
- part that points to the CRM
- part that points to entity (Account or Contact, etc.)
- Entity ID (i.e. ACCOUNTID)
In fact, if you're comfortable with CRM, you know where to find the structure of URL.

miredoju
Creator
Creator

Hi,

I`ve include hyperlinks from MSCRM into qlikview - but the link don`t work....

If I copy the link from qlikview (right mouse click - copy to clipboard - value) into the browser everthing is ok, but if I click on the link in qlikview there will be a error message from MS CRM....

Error

An error has occurred.

Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the MSCRM Community....

Thanks for help.

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had something similar, and it was a bug in a specific QV version, don't remember now which one. I did find a fix though.  Could you please copy/paste the URLhere?  The last part is enough.  Want to see if this is the same problem.

Regards,
Michael

miredoju
Creator
Creator

Hi Michael,

today I discuss with our CRM Team - the problem was very easy.....

The crm link in qlikview looks at the end like this:   .....e13c8-9cb5-df11-93fe-001c230b619c}#

This was no problem if I use cut & paste to put it in the Internet explorer....but by hyperlink in qlikview I have to trim the link.....

Without the last sign # the hyperlink works perfect.

Thanks!

Michael

Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct - this is the same exact problem that I had, and the exactly the solution that found when noticed that # was coverted in URL by QlikView.  It worked fine without # in any QV version.

Not every QV version has this problem.  I submitted it as a bug to QlikTech.

Thanks,
Michael

kim_rormark

I just want to clarify this one, for others having the same problem. Instead of the '{' and '}' in the link (that represents the entity) use HTML-formatting. With this I mean %7b for { and %7d for }. This problem can also occur with other types of links, not only for the MSCRM.

stuwannop
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Just in case anyone can't get the HTML to work I worked around it by using the Replace function below. HTML format a lot easier though!!

='Click here<url>http://crm:5555/CRM2011Live/main.aspx?etc=10001&extraqs=formid%3d33e6ddef-3de7-4d62-8f2e-53101378529...' & Replace(Replace(PProjectID,'{',''),'}','') & '%7d&pagetype=entityrecord'