Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error in load

Hi I am try to use a calculate field in a table, but when i try to load it , i have the follow message error

SQL##f - SqlState: 37000, ErrorCode: 156, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'if'.

Data_Temp:

SQL select Lenght_mm, if(rowno()=1,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*avg(Lenght_mm), Previous([ValueCurrent])) as Z1

My code in script is more or less this:

ODBC CONNECT TO AirSizing (XUserId is eKSYURFMTTKA, XPassword is MSTKcRFMTTFB);

Data_Temp:

SQL select Lenght_mm, if(rowno()=1,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*avg(Lenght_mm), Previous([ValueCurrent])) as Z1;

Data:

load *,if(rowno()>2,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Z1, 0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Previous([ValueCurrent])) as ZX

RESIDENT Data_temp;

DROP TABLE Data_temp;

Please what is wrong? Many thanks

5 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Try this code.

ODBC CONNECT TO AirSizing (XUserId is eKSYURFMTTKA, XPassword is MSTKcRFMTTFB);

Data_Temp:

Load *, if(rowno()=1,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*avg(Lenght_mm), Previous([ValueCurrent])) as Z1;

SQL select Lenght_mm From XYZ;

Data:

load *,if(rowno()>2,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Z1, 0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Previous([ValueCurrent])) as ZX

RESIDENT Data_temp;

DROP TABLE Data_temp;

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Gysbert_Wassenaar

if(rowno()=1

I doubt your SQL Server database supports the rowno() function. If you write SQL then make sure you write only SQL that your database server understands. Don't use Qlikview functions in SQL statements.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

'rowno()' , 'if'  and Previous is not valid in a sql Query, those are qlikview related. Normally CASE is used in sql for if.

Maybe you should try to use preceding LOAD, if you not familiar With that just search in the community.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thanks I corrected with Kaushik and your suggestion, so replace the statement rowno()=1, but it not recognize "ValueCurrent". How i can replace it then?

Data_Temp:

load *, if(IDMesurament=1,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*avg(Lenght_mm), Previous([ValueCurrent])) as Z1;

SQL SELECT Lenght_mm,IDMesurament FROM AirSizing.dbo."AC30";

Data:

load *,if(IDMesurament>2,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Z1, 0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*Previous([ValueCurrent])) as ZX

RESIDENT Data_temp;

DROP TABLE Data_temp;

thanks

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Data_Temp:

load *, if(IDMesurament=1,0.05* Lenght_mm+0.95*avg(Lenght_mm), Previous([ValueCurrent])) as Z1;

SQL SELECT Lenght_mm,IDMesurament FROM AirSizing.dbo."AC30";

You can only do something with fields that you extract from the source. If you try to do something with a field called ValueCurrent then you first need to extract that in the SQL Select statement. You only retrieve the fields Lenght_mm and IDMesurament. Not a field ValueCurrent.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand