Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Error msg: SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294964064, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot read the data in SB_M Gloss Data. The minimum required version to read the data is 14.0.0000.0000

Hi all,

Please can you asist:

The following error appears when we try and reload data from the database into QlikView.

"SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 4294964064, ErrorMsg: [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver] The Microsoft Office Access database engine cannot read the data in SB_M Gloss Data.

The minimum required version to read the data is 14.0.0000.0000.

SELECT

[SB_M Gloss Data].Party,

[SB_M Gloss Data].Category,

[SB_M Gloss Data].Date,

[SB_M Gloss Data].Version,

[SB_M Gloss Data].Action,

[SB_M Gloss Data].User,

[SB_M Gloss Data].[User Mod],

[SB_M Gloss Data].[Gloss Party Ref],

[SB_M Gloss Data].Description

FROM

[SB_M Gloss Data]"

Thanks,

Mary

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

if this was working previously and you were not receiving the error before, and it has just started, something with the SQL database has most likely changed in order for this error to start

It may be something you are not aware of but should look into - see if the database has mvoed to a different machine, was upgraded, etc.

when you create your connection outside of QlikView, make sure you do the test connection at the end - that may give you more info

also make sure the connection string in your Qlik application has not been changed

if you go into Control panel/administrative tools/Data Sources (ODBC),  click add antd the window will tell you the drivers you have installed.  The User DSN and Suystem DSN will tell you the connections you have on the machine - you can go through configure and on the last tab, there is a test connection button

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

The minimum required version to read the data is 14.0.0000.0000.

Wrong driver. Find out which ODBC driver you do need and then install the correct driver.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

it sounds like you have the wrong driver - based on your statement that you encounter this when you do a reload, was this ever working or was the reload error encountered when you tried it for the first time?

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick response.

Yes it was working before.

How do I identify the correct ODBC driver?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Gysbert, how do I identify this?

I am currently using:

ODBC CONNECT TO [MS Access Database;DBQ=S:\GTO Wholesale Reporting\3rd Party Clearing Settlement and Brokerage\Analysis\Staff\Mary\FIC Turnover\Salesbook Final.accdb];

Not applicable
Author

if it was working before, my first uestion would be what had changed?  Did you move the database to a different server that may be on a different version?  was the database upgraded to a different version?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your feedback Adam. Nothing has changed apart from the raw data..

Not applicable
Author

if this was working previously and you were not receiving the error before, and it has just started, something with the SQL database has most likely changed in order for this error to start

It may be something you are not aware of but should look into - see if the database has mvoed to a different machine, was upgraded, etc.

when you create your connection outside of QlikView, make sure you do the test connection at the end - that may give you more info

also make sure the connection string in your Qlik application has not been changed

if you go into Control panel/administrative tools/Data Sources (ODBC),  click add antd the window will tell you the drivers you have installed.  The User DSN and Suystem DSN will tell you the connections you have on the machine - you can go through configure and on the last tab, there is a test connection button

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your suggestion.

I have resolved the issue by exporting out the Access table into a text file and loading that into QlikView.

Nothing has changed, I have the above and had no luck.

Thank you though for your replying.