Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
venkey2847
Contributor II
Contributor II

Error with filters

Hi All,

i have an filter

status
A
B
C

i have an  one pivot table, it contains dimension which has same like my "STATUS" filter as with name status1.

Fields are same but names are different,like my filter is STATUS and my dimension is STATUS1.

i have an one measure in same pivot table like  Sum({<status={'A','C'}>} sales)/Sum({<status={'A','C'}>} sales1).

whenever i selected my filter as B, my dimension should be show 'B' only.But my dimension showing B and A .

To get that output what i need to do?

Experts please help me out this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Venkey.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({<status *= {'A','C'}>} sales)/Sum({<status *= {'A','C'}>} sales1)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Sum({<status *= {'A','C'}>} sales)/Sum({<status *= {'A','C'}>} sales1)

venkey2847
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

HI Sunny,

Thanks for quick reply.

Now it works fine.

Regards

Venkey.

venkey2847
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Sunny,

If you don't mine,Can you give me the functional explanation please, how it works like that.

Thanks in advance

regards

Venkey.

sunny_talwar

Sure, lets take a simpler example

Sum({<Status = {'A', 'C'}>}Sales)

The above expression will not change based on any selection in status field because we have told set analysis to return the sum of sales for only those rows where status = A or status = C.

Sum({<Status *= {'A', 'C'}>}Sales)

The above expression is slightly difference because now the expression will show the intersection between what is selected and what you have mentioned in your set analysis. If you have not selected anything, you will continue to see sum of sales for row where status = A or status = c. But as soon as you make a selection in status, it will return only those status which are common between your selection and what is listed. For example if you select A and B, you will see sum of sales for rows with Status = A. or if you select only B, the expression will become 0 because now there is nothing common between the two.

I hope the above will help you understand how * works.

Best,

Sunny