Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sakura
Creator
Creator

Excel sources - Added new column in Excel

Hi All,

My dashboard data source is Excel files. The names of those excel are like Alpha012018, Alpha032019,  Alpha052019

Alpha012018, Alpha032019 had columns A, B ,C  and dashboard was working fine. Now I have a request to add one more column in Alpha052019 like A, B ,C, D and load the data for all the files.  (Additional column to excel)

Alpha012018 A, B ,C

Alpha013019 A, B ,C

Alpha052019 A, B ,C, D 

------------------------------------------------------

I tried logic as 

Table1:

Load A,B,C, '' as D

from Alpha*

Where (FileName) <052019  /////// created date out of file name and wrote the filter

//////// loading data from new file with additional column

Table2:

Load A,B,C, D

from Alpha*

Where (FileName) >= 052019  /////// created date out of file name and wrote the filter

Error: Now here, 

Table 2 is trying to look column D into files 022018, 032019 since I am writing Alpha* while ignoring my where condition. 

I am ready to rewrite the code if someone provide me the logic to make my requirement work. 

Labels (2)
3 Replies
gf
Creator III
Creator III

Do you want to append each sheet to display the result in, for example, one straight table?
gf
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Sakura!

I tried following code in the script.

Works fine.

for each file in FileList('yourPath') //Your path where the excel file is stored example 'D:\test\test\test.xlsx'
	ODBC CONNECT32 TO [Excel Files;DBQ=$(file)];
	tables:
	SQLtables;
	DISCONNECT;

FOR i = 0 to NoOfRows('tables')-1
		 LET sheetName = purgeChar(purgeChar(peek('TABLE_NAME', i, 'tables'), chr(39)), chr(36));
		 Table_with_data:
		 LOAD *, 

'$(sheetName)' as Sheet  // Optionally, the sheetName value may be loaded as a field

FROM $(file) (ooxml, embedded labels, table is [$(sheetName)]);

NEXT;

I tried it with the excel example and .qvw file attached below.

gf
Creator III
Creator III

and my qvw