Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stjernvd
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Exclude Month and Year as filters

Hi,

I have this expression in my pivot table:

Count({<Month=,Year=,MonthYear ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), -11), 'MMM-YYYY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(MonthYear), 0), 'MMM-YYYY'))"} >}Place)

This allows me to see a 12 month view of Months at all times.

However, I want to include in this equation the option to exclude filters for Month and Year.

How do I do that?

3 Replies
settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

Did you try to remove Trademonth and tradeyear from the expression?

Not applicable

are you wanting to default to a 12 month view but if other date selections are made, use those selections?

JonnyPoole
Employee
Employee

So i your equation, the date range is calculated on the current selection . If you select a year=2012 , then the max(trademonthyear) will be 2012.  If you select 2014, it will select 2014 .

Count({<TradeMonth=,TradeYear=,TradeMonthYear ={">=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(TradeMonthYear), -11), 'MMM-YYYY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths(Max(TradeMonthYear), 0), 'MMM-YYYY'))"} >}Destination)

To prevent that, pre-calculate the max(TradeMonthYear) by using a variable

vMaxTradeMonthYear

where the equation is :      =max( {1} TradeMonthYear)

or

=max( {<TradeMonth=,TradeYear=>} TradeMonthYear)

Make sure to include the preceding '=' in the variable so it precalcualtes.

This will precompute the value for the whole data set regardless of selections . So if you select 2012 or 2014, it is stiall the maximum Year ... whatever that is in your data set.

Then you can use the variable

Count({<TradeMonth=,TradeYear=,TradeMonthYear ={">=$(=Date(addmonths( $(vMaxTradeMonthYear) , -11), 'MMM-YYYY')) <=$(=Date(addmonths( $(vMaxTradeMonthYear, 0), 'MMM-YYYY'))"} >}Destination)