Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Exclude Nulls from Maximum date value

Dear Qlikview User

I have a problem, which I am trying to solve and require some expertise with regards to the issue

I have a data set which contains various months and various values, some months contain null values

I.e.

Month           Metric    Value

01/01/2017      A            2

01/02/2017      A            -

01/03/2017      A            -

01/01/2017      B            2

01/02/2017      B            6

01/03/2017      B            -

I want to sum the value for each metric, but only for the maximum date where data exists

Num(Sum({$<FactDate={"$(=Max({<Numerator = {'>0'}>}FactDate))"}>}Numerator))

The above expression works when both Metrics contain data for the exact same month, but my theory breaks apart when Metric A has data for January and Metric B for February

I am attaching a QVW for your reference but am hoping to achieving the following results for the expression "Latest Month Value"

S004 = 2

S005 = 12

Can anyone help me adjust my expression so I can show the value for the maximum date for each metric

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Num(FirstSortedValue({<Numerator={">0"}>}Aggr(Sum(Numerator), FactDate, [Metric Code]), -Aggr(FactDate, FactDate, [Metric Code])))

View solution in original post

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

Try this:

Num(FirstSortedValue({<Numerator={">0"}>}Aggr(Sum(Numerator), FactDate, [Metric Code]), -Aggr(FactDate, FactDate, [Metric Code])))

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny!

I think I owe you a proportion of wage for the day!  I am not consulting, but learning on the job and you have really helped me today

This works

Thanks

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny

Is it possible from the code you have kindly provided to get the next maximum

I.e.

01/12/2016 = 8

01/01/2017  = 6

01/02/2017  = -

01/03/2017 = -

The code you have kindly provided retrieves data for 01/01/2017, could be altered to retrieve the 8 for December 2016

No worries if not

Kind Regards

Helen

sunny_talwar

What is the logic to pick Dec 2016? Min Date or Second Max Date?

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sunny

The logic is that Dec 2016 would be the Second Max date which contains data

Kind Regards

Helen

sunny_talwar

Try this

Num(FirstSortedValue({<Numerator={">0"}>}Aggr(Sum(Numerator), FactDate, [Metric Code]), -Aggr(FactDate, FactDate, [Metric Code]), 2))

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

We aspire to have your knowledge!

Thank you, this works

Thanks

Helen