Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Exclude from Current Selection

Hi foks,

I have a Multibox that I use to highlight options within a chart.

As this mutltibox is only used to highlight, and does not focus specifially on any option, I do not want any of the options selected from this multi box to appear in the current selections window.

Is is possible to exclude these selections from the 'current selections'?

Thanks

7 Replies
CELAMBARASAN
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

No you can't restrict that.

MayilVahanan

HI

There is no option in currect selection box, but you can exclude in the chart expression using set selection.

Current selections box -> used to display all the selected item in the document.

If you use alternate state for that multiple box, you can do it

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

When you say that the multi-box is only used to show options in a chart, it sounds like you may want to use a Hide Prefix in your script. This way the field will not show up in the Current Selections box. See attached.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Tony,

PFA, Try this hope it is helpful.

Regards,

Nirmal.

Not applicable
Author

Nirmal,

This is exactly what I am trying to do.

How exactly have you achieved this?

Not applicable
Author

I have created an alternate State and the multibox options can now be selected without being included into the Current Seletions Window.

However, the expression that I am useing within my chart to highlight the background colour of a cell based on the the mutlibox selections, no longer works.

=If([Peer Group]= [Peer Group2], rgb(200,255,200),If([PEERSCORES.RETAIL_REGION_NAME]= [Region2], rgb(200,255,200),))

In the Expression above 'Peer Group2' and 'Region2' are both of the Multiboxes in questions. Seeing as how I have created an Alternate State for then now (G1). Is there an ammendment I will need to make to this expression so that it will continue to work based on the selctions of either of the multiboxes?

Not applicable
Author

Hi tony,

Is this Helpful answer or correct answer.

Regards,

Nirmal.