Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Excluding values from script

Hi All

I have a file with status,end date and amount columns,here status is Operational and disconnected.My requirement is I need amount from rows where status is operational and also where status is disconnected but end date is of nov, dec and jan and I don't need other columns where status is disconnected and end date is of oct or other.

I used expressions like :

and (Status='Operational'

and not (Status='Disconnected' and (Month(AddMonths(today(),-3))<>Month([End Date]) and (Year(AddYears(Today(),-1))<>Year([End Date])))));

Can anyone please help me?

5 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi

try this

=if (Status='Operational' or Status='Disconnected'  and

(Month(AddMonths(today(),-3))<>Month([End Date]) and (Year(AddYears(Today(),-1))<>Year([End Date])))));

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

and Match(Status, 'Operational', 'Disconnected') and Match(Month(EndDate), 'Jan', 'Nov','Dec') and (Year(AddYears(Today(),-1))<>Year([End Date])

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chanty

When I am using this expression it was throwing an error like if  will take 2,3 parameters and I modified it like

(Status='Operational' or (Status='Disconnected'  and

(Month(AddMonths(today(),-3))<>Month([Cancellation Date]) and (Year(AddYears(Today(),-1))<>Year([Cancellation Date])))) but it is not returning values.Please help

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have modified the expression as (Status='Operational' or (Status='Disconnected'  and

(Month(AddMonths(today(),-3))=Month([Cancellation Date]) and (Year(AddYears(Today(),-1))=Year([Cancellation Date]))))) and Status<>'TBD' and it is working for November,but I need Dec and Jan data also, do I need to add another addmonths along with this or is there any way to use monthstart or monthsstart to give 3 months data at once.Anyone please reply

sasikanth
Master
Master

May be like this

LOAD

FROM Table

WHERE Wildmatch(Status,'*Operational*', '*Disconnected'*)  AND

(End_Date>=MonthStart(Today(),-3) and End_Date<=MonthEnd(End_Date,0));