Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute Statement for Qlikview Scripts

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to execute Qlikview scripts from ANOTHER Qlikview script. I have a large number of scripts that need to run either daily/weekly/monthly, and it's quite tedious to have to open each module and reload the script.

Is there a simple command that executes a given script so that I can house a large number of execute statements in one file? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Paul

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you so much for the help. If that's the case, it may not be my best option.

I've already tried putting several execute commands in a single batch file (I arranged them in the order I want them executed), but it seems to cause issues with file access and sharing. I'm not exactly sure how batch file commands execute, but it appears that they either execute all at the same time, or simply send the command to QV and don't wait for a "reload complete" indicator. When I run the batch file, I usually get an error or two saying that "File B can't execute because File A is running" or something of that sort.

I need to think of a slick way to make sure the scripts execute in order, one after the other. I was thinking about putting a sleep function between each command so it waits to execute the next file for a specified amount of time, but I don't know what that time should be, since it will vary.

If you can think of anything, let me know. Again, thanks for the help.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Ah, forgot to mention that you can indeed run your programs without waiting on each other (which then may result in access violations), if you want to synchronize the executions in sequence, I think you need to use 'start /wait /b' or something like this (check the help for start), or just removing the start command should do the same.

Just search the Web for command line program execution.

Regards,

Stefan

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Dear All,

i m facing this issue wherein i m unable to call the 2nd Qlikview Application

Please find the below code which i used to call the 2nd Qlikview Application

Code Script:-

Let vNextBatchFile = 'D:\Application\test_appln_2.bat';

execute cmd /c $(vNextBatchFile);

Above statement executes successfully but the Application doesn't reload.

Script under "test_appln_2" batch file

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "D:\Application\test_appln_2.qvw"

Could anyone please assist me.

Thank you,

Girish Chhatani