Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Execute command in the script requires System Access...

Hi,

I use the following command in the script: Execute cmd.exe /C Move_Winners.cmd

In addition, I checked in the Setting Tab (also in the script window) "Can Execute External Programs"

Also, in the the Setting --> User Preferences --> Security tab I checked the "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)"

When I run afterwards the document it runs OK.

But after a while, when i try to run the document again, the Checkbox of "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" is unchecked by itself (the same one I Checked it before!), and we get the following pop-up message: "The script in this document requires system access to work....", and only after I manually press a button says "Give System Access", the Document continues to run

Why is that? I can't figure out how the "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" checkbox "forgets" its setting...

Thanks,

Guy

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

better later than ever..

In the QV document: Settings-> User Perferences -> Security Tab - > check Script(Allow Database Write and execute Statements)

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm not sure my response will help...  Anyway...

As you properly described, this property is in User settings.  That means, it is not a Document setting, hence it is not stored in QV application.  If you copy the same application onto a different machine or login into the same machine as a different user - the modified User settings are not there.  You get the default setings.

If the machine is the same and you login as the same user - I don't have answer.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

So how can I check the checkbox "Script (Allow Database Write and Execute Statement)" as a defualt to be valid for all the documents in the BI server ?

Thanks,

Guy

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well, I was talking about the QV Desktop, not the server.

So, for the Desktop, the User settings are valid for all documents - for the current User on this machine.

As for the QlikView Server - I can't tell for sure where the settings are.  Try to post your question on the "Deployment and Management".

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

Guy, did you ever get this resolved, as I am experiencing the same problem. Please post thread if you received a solution

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable
Author

better later than ever..

In the QV document: Settings-> User Perferences -> Security Tab - > check Script(Allow Database Write and execute Statements)

Capture.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

better later than ever.. It works