Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
athompsonhp
Contributor III
Contributor III

Explicit Searches

The search feature is very powerful but there is a weakness that I have not been able to over come!

If you have the following in the list box:

ab

ab-23

ab-23-cd

zx

zx23

zxvf44

And you enter "ab" in the search and hit enter it will select all 3 items in the list!  I only want "ab".  If you enter "ab-23" you will get 2 items back. Again that is not what I ask for!!  QlikView seems to add a "*" after any search request. 

Another example when you use "ab | zx" I would expect 2 items to be returned not 6.

Does anyone know how to get explicitly the items within the list box?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Andy - check out the setting "Default Search Mode" in the List Box Properties.

Under "Normal Search", the search string is automatically padded with asterisks on both ends. Under "Wildcard Search", the asterisks are still added for your convenience, but they are visible and they can be manually removed. In this mode, you should be able to get explicitly the items within the list.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Oleg_Troyansky
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Andy - check out the setting "Default Search Mode" in the List Box Properties.

Under "Normal Search", the search string is automatically padded with asterisks on both ends. Under "Wildcard Search", the asterisks are still added for your convenience, but they are visible and they can be manually removed. In this mode, you should be able to get explicitly the items within the list.

cheers,

Oleg Troyansky

QlikView Your Business: An expert guide to Business Discovery with QlikView and Qlik Sense