Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional OR filter using Button

Hi,

How to have 'OR' condition in Qlikview?  i.e like 'Col A=100 or ColB='John'.  I don't see that option in Button.  How else can we approach this?

Thanks,

Sudha.

8 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

That cant be done with only making selections. You can use set analysis expressions. Alternate states may come in useful too. A set analysis expression would look like sum({<[Col A]={100}>+<[Col B]={'John'}>}Amount). If you use alternate states so you can make selections that don't influence each other the set analysis expression would look like sum({AltStateA+AltStateB}Amount)

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
dclark0699
Creator
Creator

Try Selecting in your ID field something like this string:

='=COL_A= 100 OR COL_B=' & chr(39) & 'John' & chr(39)

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.  I would like to do this in Button.  Since this involves two fields, what should I give in 'Field' box in Button action/Select in Field.

dclark0699
Creator
Creator

For this: ='=COL_A= 100 OR COL_B=' & chr(39) & 'John' & chr(39) to work, you'll want the field to be whatever field you want it to operate on.

If I have a table of people with PERSON_ID as the primary key and I want to return all the people that meet that OR criteria, I would make the field to select in PERSON_ID. Make sense?

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!  What if I have something like 'Col A='John' and ColB is not null'  Is there a way to handle this?

dclark0699
Creator
Creator

Essentially the exact same way, you are just trying to select the string =Col A = 'John' AND NOT ISNULL(ColB)

It gets a little messy with the single quotes but it would be something like

='=COL_A=' & chr(39) & 'John' & chr(39) & ' AND NOT ISNULL(COL_B)'

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your prompt help!  It's working fine.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Could you please help me how to add a third condition to this and also please help me with the syntax for handling not equal to.

='=TEST_CASE_STATUS=' & chr(39) & 'Expired' & chr(39) & ' OR NOT ISNULL(REASON_FOR_DELAY)' & 'AND ' & '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39)

I have the following questions:

1. How to club first and second condtion i.e Test_case_status='Expired' or REASON_FOR_DEALY is not null.  Just a bracket will work?

2. How to add a third condition to this?  ...& 'AND ' & '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39) - This does not work

3. How to handle not equal to?  '=RULE_DESIGNATION=' & chr(39) & '<>Manual' & chr(39) - This does not work too.