Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amit_saini
Master III
Master III

Export button help??????

Hi Folks,

I'm having a application A3.qvw (Please see the attachment) , here I'm having a straight table where I'm calling few fields as dimension & expression.

My client want me to create a Export report button for this application and on clicking this export button he want output as Report.xls (Please see the attachment)

Please help me how to create this Export report button to get the desired output as mentioned in the attachment.

Thanks in advance .

AS

20 Replies
Not applicable

Hi,

I am not able to open the attached xls file. Can you attach it again?

But I can suggest that you can create a chart/table of the required format in qlikview itself and then export it to excel using the default qlikview functionality of "Send to excel" or you can write a macro/trigger on a Export button which you have in qvw file.

Hope this helps!

MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Please check enclosed file..

Not applicable

Do you want to export particular straight table to be exported then you can directly use the export to excel option from the caption tab.

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Shyamal,

Please find the attachment again. Yes may be you are right but I'm sorry i really don't know how to create this inside qlikview itself.

Thanks,

AS

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Manish,

When I'm clicking to the export button it is diverting me to the macro page and pointing towards :set XLApp = CreateObject("Excel.Application")  this option.

Please suggest what shall I do ????

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable

Hi Amit,

I am getting some run time error while opening the xls file. But anyways, it opens.

I saw the the contents of xls file and I am not sure what kind of a report is required there. Can you explain what columns you need from your qvw file and the format in which you require the report?

amit_saini
Master III
Master III
Author

Hi Shyamal,

Report.xls is the template which is created by client itself, my requirement is that I need  to link this template with my qvw application so that data from the qvw can be seen inside this template.

Foe example:  Complain No. is one of my field in the qvw straight table , the content of this should occur under

1)  REASON IMPROVEMENT PROJECT WAS CHOSEN of Report.xls

Similarly rest of the headings inside Report.xls is having data from other fields present in qvw.

Please suggest me solution for this, how this can be done ????

Thanks,

AS

Not applicable

Amit you mentioned in an earlier reply that

"Foe example:  Complain No. is one of my field in the qvw straight table , the content of this should occur under

1)  REASON IMPROVEMENT PROJECT WAS CHOSEN of Report.xls"

How is it possible for us to help populate the excel document when the fields do not map explicitly through name. Would you be so kind as to tell us what field in QlikView represents what field in the excel spreedsheet.

This is not a difficult task to achieve, just need to have all the information at hand to correctly map as an excel output

Cheers,

Byron

Not applicable

Hi Amit,

As Byron mentioned, need to have all the column mappings then only it will be possible to create specific report and then have it in excel.