Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Export data to excel gives me an excel with "Session Lost" info inside

Hi All,

I tried to export a large set of data having like 68000 rows with 42 columns. After waited around 5 mins, it pops up the "OPEN / SAVE AS" dialogue box. And when i open it, inside the excel there is only one information inside, saying: <result><message text="Session lost" /><restart/></result>

Any expert here knows what's happening?

I saw some posts teaching you to change the TimeOut parameter in the file

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\WebServer\config.xml

And i had set as <QvsTimeout>3000</QvsTimeout> but still unable to solve this problem.

Please help.

Thanks a lot

Herman

12 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gavin,

You are welcome.

Yes, as what support telling me that the development team agree that this is a bug within QV and thus, there is nothing wrong with the version of excel.

Hope the bug can be fixed ASAP.

Herman

Not applicable
Author

Hi Herman,

I've been told that the Bug relates to QV11 and not QV11.2 (not sure why). Can you confirm if this occurs for you in QV11.2? or have you not migrated??

However I've just been on the phone to support, who can successfully extract via IE (using AJAX) so did you ever send them what you were having an issue with? as they've said that there is no chance of this being entered as a bug in QV11.2 as a result of them not re-creating the above (using data I passed them).

However I did find something else that was interesting, when your failure happens, is the file created locally on the server? as I've found in my case it has...

On my server (2003 R2) in C:\documents and Settings\all users\application data\qliktech\qlikviewserver\temp the files I want to create are all present. So the exports are possible using Access Point, but there is a disconnect somewhere. I ran fiddler to see if I could spot anything, but this was all looking normal...

I'll let you know if I get any further as I'm pushing for a solution on this!

Thanks

Gavin

Not applicable
Author

HI Gavin,

My client still haven't upgrade to QV11.2 yet and so, cannot test with that.

Besides, I had uploaded my sample problem QVW in my 2nd message above.

You can pick 1-Oct-2012 to 25-Oct-2012 (39750 rows), it gave me the crap file. If you choose 1-Oct-2012 to 10-Oct-2012 (23637 rows), it works fine. If you choose the 31-Oct 2012 (71269 rows), it will change to export a CSV.

The steps I gave to support as follow:

1) select 1-Oct-2012 to 25-Oct-2012

2) as you can see the only object on top showing the number of rows. With this selections, it should have like 39750 rows.

3) Right click on it and choose "Send to excel"

4) wait and until it prompt you to save your file.

5) Save it and open it.

See if you can replicate the issue.

Thanks

Herman