Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ExportBitmapToFile on sheet doesn't show images?

I have a blue/green/red smiley indicating the percentage customer complaints received

I want to generate an image out of the sheet (not per object, the entire sheet)

All the objects (I use pivot tables, no fancy charts) come out fine, but the one with the smiley faces in the one column gives me "qmem" (which is the start of the lookup to the bundled smiley faces within QlikView)

Any idea why it does that?

Here's my code:

sub export_toImage()

For i = 0 To ActiveDocument.NoOfSheets - 1

ActiveDocument.Sheets(i).Activate

set APP = ActiveDocument.GetApplication                    

APP.Sleep 1000                    

APP.WaitForIdle

ActiveDocument.Sheets(i).ExportBitmapToFile "C:\_Development\temp_Qlikview\OI\OperationalIndicators-" & i  & ".bmp"

Next  

ActiveDocument.GetApplication.Quit

end sub

5 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

How is that smiley built? Is that a text object and if so, is an expression in the Text field or a condition in the image? Is it marked to be represented as Image instead of Text in the object properties? What happens if you only export to bitmap that object alone?

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Exporting the object to Bitmap looks like it's working, the problem I have with QV is that it's "throwing away" the header of the object so it's just *something* and not "Percentage of happy/okay/sad clients Table"

The object is built like this (an expression) with:

=If(Sum ([complaints])/Sum ([supporttickets]) >= 0.05, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley3_r.png', If(Sum ([complaints])/Sum ([supporttickets]) < 0.03, 'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley1_g.png','qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/smiley2_b.png'))

Representation under "Display Options" is set to "Image" and Image Formatting is "Keep Aspect" (so the smiley doesn't stretch weirdly)

This is running on a headless server. Running it on my local machine creates the bitmap with the smileys

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Is QlikView Desktop installed into the computer that hosts the Server? Note that all the bundled images are available in the Desktop, not in the server. If still that does not work, you will have to move those PNG files to a folder and use the UNC path to the folder instead of the qmem:// handler

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

This is copied from a different model we have. Yes QV Desktop is also installed on the server. I had to do the external .bat file work-around to get the images to generate on a schedule.

I will try the UNC method, but I don't understand why, if I export the object (headless server) or run it locally, it shows, but as soon as the entire sheet is exported headlessly, it doesn't show.

Not applicable
Author

If I open it on the server and run the code manually it works. As soon as the qv.exe /l runs it, it doesn't, so the UNC path might indeed be the issue.

Any idea where I can find the <bundled> images? (end of a long day and I looked for 10 minutes, couldn't find)