Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Expression Help - Date

Hi All,

I need some help to excluded dates for my sum function. Currently, I use this formula to exclude name where =”Rick”. Sum({<[Type]={'Cost'},Name-={'Rick'}>}[Amount])”. Instead of the Name field I want to use a “Date” field.

What I want to do is exclude dates where it happen during the quarter. In my dashboard, I have “Reporting Date” field such as 3/31/2017, 6/30/2017, and 9/30/2017. For example: if I selected Reporting Date field 6/30/2017,  I want the formula to exclude “Date” where Date >= 4/1/2017   and Date <=6/30/2017.

Sum({<[Type]={'Cost'},Date >= 4/1/2017   and Date <=6/30/2017>}[Amount])

Any input greatly appreciated! 

Many Thanks,

Frank

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try this

sum({<[Type] = {'Cost'}, Date -= {">=$(=Date(quarterstart(Max(Date)),'MM/DD/YYYY')) <=$(=Date(Max(Date),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Amount])

Learning never stops.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shraddha_g
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

Sum({<[Type]={'Cost'},Date >= 4/1/2017   and Date <=6/30/2017>}[Amount])

If here 4/1/2017 is your year start of selected date (6/30/2017) then,

sum({<[Type] = {'Cost'}, Date = {">=$(=Date(YearStart(Max(Date),0,4),'M/D/YYYY'))<=$(=Date(Max(Date),'M/D/YYYY'))"}>}[Amount])

Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, Dates seems static. Would you go same then simply to call. If you notice below statement you could get some minus symbol before equal sign.

Sum({<[Type]={'Cost'},Name-={'Rick'}, Date -= {">=4/1/2017 <=6/30/2017"}>}[Amount])

OR

Sum({<[Type]={'Cost'},Name-={'Rick'}, Date -= {"=Date >= 4/1/2017 and Date <= 6/30/2017"}>}[Amount])

Note - Make sure to clear what you need if dynamic needed.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
pradosh_thakur
Master II
Master II

try this

sum({<[Type] = {'Cost'}, Date -= {">=$(=Date(quarterstart(Max(Date)),'MM/DD/YYYY')) <=$(=Date(Max(Date),'MM/DD/YYYY'))"}>}[Amount])

Learning never stops.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

All,

Thanks for quick responses. Will check it out later.